All guiding positions have been filled for the 2016 season
River Base Manager
Hydra River Guides is looking for a River Base Manager to oversee day to day functions of the rafting operation. Based on our private River Base facility (located off Beaverfoot Road) in Golden, the job duties include: Managing river base staff (cook, photographer, driver) checking in rafting clients, making reservations, food ordering, general maintenance and cleaning of property, ordering merchandise, balancing cash outs, providing excellent customer service and overall smooth operations of base. The role is full time - 5 days per week for the summer season (May 1st - Sept 15th).
- Applicants should have supervisor experience in a customer service or sales role
- Be proficient with microsoft applications - word, excel
- Familiar with computers
- Have a positive and outgoing nature
- Be organized and able to multi task
- Great customer service skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Live in Golden or area
- River base manager will be required to have or obtain a class 2 drivers license.
Wage is $16 / hour
Cook / Photographer
Hydra River Guides is looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team.
As River Base Cook & Photographer, duties include prepping food for lunch, cooking lunch for rafting clients, maintaining a clean and safe lunch area, food ordering and supplies, cleaning up after lunch. Photographer duties, include taking photos of our rafting clients, before and during the rafting trip, saving to USB's for clients and selling photos to rafting clients.
The role will commence mid May- early September and is a full time position. (5 days a week)
- Like to work outdoors
- Work well as part of a team
- Have a current drivers license and clean abstract (with own vehicle)
- Be motivated
- Be familiar with Microsoft applications and programs
- Track hours worked and commissions
Wage is $13 per hour plus photo commissions.
Driver / Photographer - Full time & Part time
Hydra has part time and full time driver positions available for the 2016 season. The role includes driving rafting clients from Banff to our River Base in Golden whilst providing commentary about the area. The job also includes taking photos of our rafting clients from the banks of the river and burning USBs for purchase. Looking for someone to work 5 days a week. Part time position (2 days / week) is also available.
Successful applicants must:
- Have a Class 4 Drivers license (must be willing to get Class 2 license upon employment. Hydra will assist with the payment of this)
- Be based in Banff, AB
- Have a friendly and engaging personality
- Like to work with customers
- Have basic physical fitness
- Be familiar with computers
- $19 /hour plus commission
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com